Small Banks for Sale, Buy Small Community Bank in USA, Banks for Sale- USA
According to Sun Tzu, The art of war- Every battle is won before it is ever fought. Same goes for while buying a bank or financial institution. A deal can have a hidden value and how one breaks the value and brings in the value is up to the buyer to realize. Here are series of steps I will suggest once one has identified a bank and it fits the initial criteria.
1. Putting an offer sheet with basic terms and conditions for the due diligence.
2. If the offer is accepted hiring a good law firm and accounting firm for the preparation of
1. Definitive Agreement.
2. Doing due diligence.
3. During the due diligence process, following questions should be put in picture.
• A copy of audited financial statements for the past three years.
• Does the bank own or lease the space that it occupies? If it leases the space, what is the remaining term?
• Regarding the loan on the book, provide a breakdown by type, rates, and maturity.
• The investment the bank owns. The breakdown by type, rates, and maturity.
• The deposit on the book. The breakdown by type, rates, and maturity.
• A brief description of the customers.
• Who is the present management and how the bank board is organized.
• A list of shareholders.
• Analysis of CAMELS- Capital, Asset quality, Management, Earning, Liquidity, and sensitivity to market risk.
4. After the acceptance of the Definitive Agreement, the buyer places money in escrow.
5. Buyers seek regulatory approval within 5-10 days after the execution of the Definitive Agreement.
6. Seller seeks its shareholder’s approval to the transaction as soon as the Definitive Agreement is executed and the deposit of funds is received.
7. Buyer has to in the mean time get the regulatory approval.
8. Closing takes place and if possible making sure that present management stays there for two to three years. Best deals are sometimes derived and made. Stick to the fundamentals, good things sometimes takes time and lots of hard work.